19th Annual African Diaspora Adult Education Research Pre-Conference
Pre-conference Location: Toronto, OntarioCanada
Pre-conference Date: June 9, 2011
The 19th Annual African Diaspora Adult Education Research Pre-Conference will be held at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education in Toronto, Ontario, Canada in conjunction with the 52nd Adult Education Research Conference. As you know, the purpose of this pre-conference is to provide a forum in which graduate students can critically dialogue about theoretical and practical issues related to the education of adults in the African Diaspora. This year, the theme for the conference is "Collective Responsibility throughout the African Diaspora: Authenticity of Lived Experience." Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of relevance to conference and conceptual clarity. Please make sure to follow a research format when constructing your proposal. Proposals for paper presentations pertinent to one of the following pre-conference themes are invited:
- Historical research on people of African descent who are involved in adult and continuing education.
- Research on contemporary issues, problems, and concerns relevant to the African Diaspora in the area of adult and
- Conceptual or theoretical research relative to adult and continuing education for learners of the African Diaspora.
Instructions for Proposal Submissions
You can elect to submit your proposals electronically or by mail. In either case, the following information is provided below.
Dr. Doris A. Flowers, Professor
Department of Administration and Interdisciplinary Studies
Center For Adult Education, Room Burk Hall 239
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94132
Proposals, a one page abstract and one page cover sheet, must be postmarked by, March 25, 2011. You will be notified about the status of proposal by April 10, 2011. This is a blind review process; therefore it is essential to follow these instructions:
- Submit one copy of a typed cover sheet which includes the paper title, your name, address, phone and fax numbers, e-mail address, and a signed warrant statement which states: "I warrant that if my paper is
accepted, I will submit electronically an eight (8) page (single-spaced, typed) summary for inclusion in the Pre-Conference Proceedings to . I understand that if this summary is not submitted by, May 14, 2011, my paper will not be included as part of the 19th Annual African Diaspora Adult Education Research Pre-Conference Proceedings." Please sign the warrant statement.
- You are to submit electronically typed, single-spaced, one-page abstract, not to exceed 600 words. The abstract must include the paper title at the top, but not the name of the author(s). Send electronically to .
Submit 5 copies of a typed, single-spaced, one-page abstract, not to exceed 600 words. The abstract must include the paper title at the top, but not the name of the author(s). You can mail the proposal to the address above.